Cootie catcher

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Mon Aug 7 14:05:28 UTC 2000

    Oddly enough, though I remember these devices perfectly from the mid
1980s on, and I do remember them being called cootie catchers, I don't
remember them being used to catch cooties.  We used them mainly to tell
fortunes, and we might have snapped at each other with them, but I think
the snapping was just a secondary use and not necessarily intended to
catch vermin.  Could the cootie catching have lessened and using them to
tell fortunes increased with time, or was my school an anomaly?

    Johanna

Excerpts from mail: 6-Aug-100 Cootie catcher by Rudolph C Troike at U.ARIZO