dict user survey

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Wed Aug 9 19:06:00 UTC 2000

> My offer to draft the questionnaire stands.
>
> Frank Abate

I'm not sure who you're making this offer to...  I think, if you're interested in taking on
this project and are interested in getting the project sponsored/funded, then you (or
someone) needs to draw up a proposal to take to DSNA or ADS and whatever funding sources.
That might involve a draft Qnaire, which might benefit from review by others.  But even
though the project might be 'sponsored' by an organization, it would need an individual to
be its PI (principal investigator) and get credit for the ideas and any publications that
came out of it.

The worst part about writing proposals is that they usually take as much work as writing an
article, and you don't get to put the proposal on your CV!

Lynne, who wants a Pulitzer prize category for proposals, applications, and nominations