broadcasters

Thu Aug 10 16:36:39 UTC 2000

I agree with you; I don't want "flawless" English either.  In fact, I
usually watch Dan Rather, who speaks (SE?) Texas English.  I don't care
what English the newscaster speaks; with regard to Brokaw, it's strictly a
matter of personal (dis)taste--maybe it's his speed and glibness that turns
me off.  Jennings to me sounds "wooden" and pompous; Rather seems "down home."