Hellesylt notes

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Aug 17 11:05:56 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Hellesylt, Norway.
   I've been asked to help the stranded Russian submarine.  CNN just reported stuff from Trondheim, where I'll be in a day.  I respectfully told Wolf Blitzer that I did submarine SANDWICHES.

FJORDLING--a breed of pony popular in the Bordfjord area.
GLACIER--I saw one yesterday.  My Canadian tourist guide called in a glace-ee-er.  Someone on CNN called it a glassy-er.  It's a glay-sher to me.

SAYINGS OF THE VIKINGS
THE AUTHENTIC HAVAMAL
92 pages, 99 krone
  My favorite Viking saying--"Nice hat, eh?  Let's discover Canada"--is not here.
  "The early bird catches the worm" is sort of here.  Don't know what Fred Shapiro has.

VIKING COOKBOOK
40 pages, 98 krone, www.touristbooks.com
   Nettle soup, Rusiian beetroot soup, Forest onion soup, Fried Baltic herring, Nowegian cod, Bilberry pancake, Elderflower drink, Warrior's mead, Balder's beer, Cranberry drink, among others.

  I probably won't internet again until Trondheim, in about two days.