changes in word meanings

Fri Aug 18 17:32:28 UTC 2000

I read a quote from someone that said, in effect, that
as the meaning of words change, people become
frustrated and angry that they have lost the means of
expressing themselves.  Of course the quote I'm
looking for is much more succinct.  Does this ring any
bells with anyone?

=====
SLC, UT                        |it is that we will be sued