concepts...

Bruce Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Thu Dec 21 10:24:31 UTC 2000

So I'm having lunch at The Crabhouse, part of a chain of middle to upper
tier seafood restaurants, and the little plexiglass encased sales lure
informs me that gift certificates would make a wonderful gift to my clients
and employees.

What's more, besides offering discounts for amounts greater than $500, the
lure also informed me that the certificates were valid at "all [their] other
concepts."

My instincts, usually good, told me that this was some MBA/marketing
shorthand for something on the order of "concept eateries" or what have you.

bkd