Alcofrolic, Mistella; Op Shop

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 26 07:03:01 UTC 2000

ALCOFROLIC & MISTELLA

   Greetings from Adelaide.  I returned from wine tasting.  Someone on the
tour referred to it as an "alcofrolic."  I saw a few hits on Google, but I
don't think the RHHDAS has it.
   Mistella is White Port (as I said in Portugal, only they can use the Port
name).  I was told that Mistella has been around for several years, but it's
not in the online OED, which is revising "M."

MISC.

OP SHOP--I saw "Op Shop for Charity.  Opportunity shop supporting local
health and welfare services."

WHISPERING WALL--there's one at the Barossa Reservoir.  Next year, I'll see
the one in Beijing at the Temple of Heaven.  Is this in OED?  If you don't
know, the reservoir is a curved wall, and people at one end can hear a
whisper of someone at the other end.  However, the Chinese one is jammed with
people.

WHITING BURGER; PORK RIBLET BURGER--more burger spottings.

AUSTRALIAN PIZZA--two pizza places have this as pizza with ham.

EUROPA DOG--bacon, cheese, onion, sauce and mustard hot dog.

SKIMMERCHINO--another version of cappuccino with skim milk.

MERRY WIDOW COFFEE--coffee with Merry Widow liqueur (one of the things I
tasted).