Crocodile Hot Dogs; Emu Burger

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Dec 31 08:52:10 UTC 2000

   These were found at the Boomerang Restaurant in an Aboriginal culture
tourist park outside of Cairns:

CROCODILE HOT DOGS
BIG BIRD EMU BURGER
JOEY BEEFBURGER ("Joey" is a kangaroo.)

   At Susie's Restaurant in Kuranda:

BLT
B&E--Bacon & Egg
BCB--Bacon, Cheese, Banana

   At the Frogs Restaurant in Kuranda:

BELT--bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato with mayonnaise in a toasted sandwich

   Annabell's Pantry in Kuranda had these names for its pies, but the guy
told me he just made them up for tourists:

SQUATTERS PIE--steak & potato
BUSHWACKER--steak & kidney
BUSHRANGER--steak, egg, bacon, cheese
SWAGMAN--steak & pea
O ROVERS DOG--sausage roll
JOLLY JUMBACK--roast lamb
JILLEROO--steak & chilli
JACKEROO--roast beef

DOG KNOWS HE'S BEEN KICKED (continued)

   I went through years of BUSTER BROWN cartoons (about 1900-1910) a few
years back, and I'm pretty sure that Tige said "even a dog knows when he's
been kicked" in one of them.
   Tige was one pretty "hot" dog, but at least he wasn't a crocodile hot dog.