Wuss; Clothes horse

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Tue Feb 1 22:37:24 UTC 2000

Well, not to add to the controversy, but I definitely heard this word from my
older brother in the 60's.  The problem with looking for documentation of teen
slang is that teens are less likely to have written such words down, and then to
have such writings widely publicized.

So, you can say we don't remember correctly, but the truth is that children in
the 60's were still heavily disciplined for bad or incorrect language, and so
such words would not appear in print until society relaxed the restrictions.
Hence the 70's doc.

I for one was reprimanded for using anything which even seemed like a bad word.
And look where I am today!

Andrea