proof of age

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Fri Feb 4 21:55:02 UTC 2000

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, A. Vine wrote:

> Also when John Lennon was shot.

I suppose it depends how big a Beatles fan you were; I remember where I
was when I heard, but it had nowhere the emotional impact of the
Challenger explosion (which, especially since there was a teacher on board
had been hyped in all the schools -- numerous students actually watched
it as it happened).

That's not to say it didn't affect some people profoundly; but when I hear
the average 1964-1974 born person talk about a Kennedy-like shared
reminiscence, it's almost always about the Challenger.

--- Steve K.