Anti-swearing law

Wed Feb 23 17:01:31 UTC 2000

--- Anne Gilbert <avgilbert at PRODIGY.NET> wrote:
... In any
> case, I think the Ten
> Commandments issue, the "anti-swearing" issue, and
> others like it, are a
> complex mix of attitudes and beliefs which stem from
> a "religious"
> background in our past, but are acting in a
> relatively "secular" present.
> Anne G

But isn't that a basic issue for at least some of
those who want them posted: how can we divorce
ourselves from the past?  How can we ignore the roots,
good or bad, from which our culture has grown?  Even
for one who doesn't follow a judaeo-christian-islamic
path, the Ten C's are a fundamental reality that has
helped shape our society, and to be ignorant of them
can hardly be considered enlightened.

=====
SLC, UT                        |it is that we will be sued