"Internet Intoxification"

Gareth Branwyn garethb2 at STREETTECH.COM
Wed Jan 12 18:40:21 UTC 2000

Got the following in the Jargon Watch mailbox this AM:

Hi Gareth,

On 20/20 (or 60 minutes or Dateline...) last night I heard a new term.  Some kid in Florida threatened a girl at Columbine High School in a chat room.  His threat closed the school for two days and got him arrested on a federal charge.  In an interview, his lawyer said he will claim that "Internet Intoxification" was the cause!  I guess it has something to do with the altered reality of the Internet.

Tom Leitzell
CDI

And I thought "Internet addiction" was lame.