Second Attempt at Mafia Lingo Query

Kathleen Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Thu Jan 20 20:45:02 UTC 2000

Since I have been beating my head against a board on this one that "into
the witness protection program" was exactly the laugh I needed - thanks.

But to be more specific how 'bout the actual words/phrases:

Goomah/Goombah
mayonaisses
cugines
agita
mock-whacked
come heavy
loffa
"eating alone"
stugots

Other than calling La Casa Nostra myself I am at a loss. I have Dow Jones,
and Lexis and NYTIMES past as well as access to JSTOR and the rest. I'm
finding nothing of substance. Any help would be greatly appreciated and
would save my sanity. (If I had any to begin with :))

Katy Miller
Safire's office.