Second Attempt at Mafia Lingo Query

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Jan 20 21:12:04 UTC 2000

Kathleen,

Some I know, some I can take a guess at, some are already listed in
reference works.

Goombah:    A companion or an associate, especially an older friend who acts
as a patron, a protector, or an adviser (from the American Heritage
Dictionary).

agita:      Acid indigestion: "Agita . . . can afflict those who indulge in
too much good . . . food" (New York Times--American Heritage again).  In
BROADWAY DANNY ROSE, Danny's protege and client, Lou Canova, becomes famous
singing "Agita."  I have no idea whether this was a pop favorite, presumably
during the 50s or 60s.

guesses:

mock-whacked:   faked a killing?

mayonaisses:    individuals posing as WASPs, or affecting WASPish behavior,
etc.?

come heavy: to come armed?

stugots:    an idiot

My guesses are simply based on watching all the works of Francis Coppola and
Martin Scorsese, so hey, no disrespect.  Why don't you call one of these
guys?  It'd be cool.