four-twenty

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Mon Jan 24 12:58:41 UTC 2000

I didn't chime in earlier, because I figured someone else would, but it's
my understanding that there's also been a longstanding 4:20 tie-in to the
Greatful Dead, as in the question "It's 4:19, do you have a minute?" (a
sentiment that has been since bumper-stickerized) as a way of asking
anyone if they had any pot to sell.

(I mention the Greatful Dead, because the bumper stickers I've seen like
that were associated with the Greatful Dead.) If there's a deadhead out
there than can further enlighten us with their connection to the phrase,
please chime in!

--- Steve K.