moo

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Mon Jan 24 15:45:24 UTC 2000

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, FTA Editor wrote:

> Yeah. Of course if you were talking to a marine biologist in say…San Diego,
> she or he might figure you’re referring to a female seal or whale. What
> sound does a cow make?

Oh good. This segues nicely into a question I asked a few people at the
conference.

What's the name of that toy that is a small cylinder with taut canvas
stretched over both ends that makes a 'moo' sound when you turn it upside
down. (For those of you who have seen 'Delicatessen,' these are being
constructed by two of the characters during the course of the film.)

I've always called them 'moo-boxes,' and I've yet to learn what they're
actually called. Does anyone know?

-- Steve K(leinedler).