nonprofits

Joseph Carson samizdata at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Jan 25 10:11:25 UTC 2000

The first human services job I did was advertised as "counselor for
outapatient clients at an established medical clinic and non-profit." This
was in late 1987, and evidently the expression was in normal use prior to
that, because my co-workers all used the expression routinely, although I
never heard it before then. (In S.F., CA.) - Joe