Pigs and Horses

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Wed Jan 26 15:06:44 UTC 2000

On Wednesday, January 26, 2000, Beverly Flanigan <flanigan at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU>
wrote:
>Wow!  I too lived at home on the farm only 18 years, but Sharon brought it
>all back wonderfully, including the noontime market report, which for
>farmers was the equivalent of the daily Dow Jones stock market news--no
>talking aloud/allowed when the report was on!

Me too (not 18 years, though). In Missouri it was (I believe) Derry Brownfield with
the Brownfield Report. Always sounded like he just climbed down off the red rusty
Farmall to place a phone call to the radio station.

I see he's got a web site, and has branched out into other topics:
http://www.derrybrownfield.com/