credit card collector

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Thu Jan 27 12:00:50 UTC 2000

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM wrote:

> A co-worker who collects credit cards would like to know if there is (or can be
> created) a term to describe this hobby. Any ideas?

I assume that we can exclude words implying fraudulent intent . . .

Debitomania?

Lifestyles of the rich and famous?

Pseudonumismatics?  (All right, would you consider "Numismaticardiacs"?)

Cumuloidentia?

Here's a track to follow -- although I confess it hasn't worked for me.
There ought to be a way to use some takeoff on a term from billiards:
bank shot.  (But *bankshotics, *bankshotia, and similar variants just
don't strike my ear as greco-latinate enough to pass for badly formed
neologisms, and they don't have the kind of transparency that would
justify ignoring the greco-latinate tradition.)

-- mike salovesh    <salovesh at niu.edu>     PEACE !!!