bad hair day

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Jan 31 14:29:16 UTC 2000

Yes, but only because as Anne noted, it's a three word compound.  The total
sense of the phrase is humorous.  It's hard to separate.

BUT when I do, I think I do find [[bad hair] day] funnier, but only because
I know what bad hair is.  I've got fine hair with a lot of body, and as a
result, it becomes very affected by the weather, etc.  So the concept of bad
hair is funny to me precisely because I used to suffer from it.

But then I cut off my pony tail and got on with life.