Wha...?

Grant Barrett gbarrett at MONICKELS.COM
Mon Jul 3 17:38:52 UTC 2000

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Peter A. McGraw wrote:
>>I'm confused.  ADS-L moderated?  And has its address changed?  Did I miss
>>something?  I used the "reply" function for my last posting, and got the
>>following.

Peter, it looks like you're subscribed to the ghost mirror of the ADS-L mailing
list. It is used solely for archiving purposes. I'm not quite sure how you got on it, as
it is supposed to not happen. I will speak to Tony Aristar at LinguistList about
making sure that the subscribe form on those archive pages re-directs subscriptions to
the master list at UGA. I've just tested it and it seems to be working now.

In the meantime, I recommend that you unsubscribe using that archive form (
http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-ads-l.html ) and resubscribe using the instructions
on the ADS web site ( http://www.americandialect.org/adsl.shtml ).

Please let me know if there are any other problems.

--

Grant Barrett
gbarrett at monickels.com
http://www.monickels.com/
AIM: monickels
30 rue de Beaubourg
75003 Paris, FRANCE
Paris phone: 01 42 72 77 62
International: 33 1 42 72 77 62
Fax, Voicemail US: Toll-free 1-888-392-4832, ext. 291-340-4218