frankenstuff

Kathleen Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Thu Jul 27 18:40:36 UTC 2000

There was a discussion a while back about frankenfood and Paul Lewis' coinage.
Jesse said it made it into RHWCD, which mentions frankentomato.

Any others that you're are aware of that have taken hold? I've found
Frankenscience, -seeds, -athletes, and -fish, but none of them seem to be as
wide spread, or they're just plays on "frankenfood."

Any hints where I might find a list?

Thanks Again,

Katy

Kathleen E. Miller
Research Assistant to William Safire
The New York Times

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart
that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the
eye."                 Antoine de Saint-Exupery