ganked

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Fri Jul 28 00:18:16 UTC 2000

    I have heard it - mainly in high school in southern IL, 4 years ago,
but it didn't mean that something was broken.  It always meant that
someone had managed to get something, as in "Hey, I ganked the concert
tickets!"  The connotation was generally that it had taken some effort
to get the item, and it never meant theft.

    Johanna Franklin

Excerpts from mail: 27-Jul-100 ganked by Jessie Emerson at SIRSI.COM