Query: Cowgirl

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sat Jul 29 13:04:59 UTC 2000

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Grant Barrett wrote:

> I saw in a recent edition of US Airways an article on ADS.  They list
> the date of origin for the term "cowboy,"  but I was wondering what the
> date of origin is for the term "cowgirl."
> There are a lot of conflicting arguments.
>
> Danielle Routhier
> cowgirl at startext.net

Does anyone have a copy of the US Airways article on ADS that they could
send to me?  I would be most appreciative of any assistance.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2