metadata?

Thomas Paikeday t.paikeday at SYMPATICO.CA
Fri Jun 2 15:19:55 UTC 2000

Except when, a generic word, after long use in connection with a product,
service, etc. acquires a legal "secondary meaning," as "collegiate"  probably
did in connection with a webster's. Black's Law Dictionary explains "secondary
meaning" in a long paragraph.