books for sale?

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at M-W.COM
Sun Jun 11 19:15:04 UTC 2000

The Cordell Collection at Indiana State (now one of the largest dictionary
collections in the country, and an impetus for the establishment of the
Dictionary Society of North America in the 70s) would certainly be
interested in anything that they're missing.  I would be happy to put you in
touch with David Vancil, the curator of the collection.  I don't have his
e-mail address handy at the moment, so let me know.

Madeline Kripke of New York was a first-rate dictionary collector and
seller, with quite a large business, but I don't know if she's still doing
this.  Haven't had any contact with her for a few years, but I could find
out.  If she is, I know she would give you a fair price for anything she was
interested in.

I have to say (blush) that I'm a sucker for dictionaries myself, so I might
also be a customer.  Perhaps you should list what you have on this list --
there are probably a number of people like me on it.

Victoria
Merriam-Webster, Inc. P.O. Box 281
Springfield, MA 01102
Tel: 413-734-3134  ext 124