Accents in Am. English

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Jun 13 20:00:25 UTC 2000

> Having the second accent but not the first in resume is an error I've been
> guilty of. I try to put on both or neither, but I don't consider only one to
> be out in left field because both seems pretentious. (Sorry, it does!)

Now let's call out the Latin police for all those job-seekers who send a
"curriculum vita." "I'll send you my vita," he said, "or my curriculum
vitae." But if you really want me to be pretentious, I'll send you my
vitam instead."

PR