Euro salad sandwiches; Rodizio

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 16 15:00:04 UTC 2000

   Greetings from the Harold Washington Library Center in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
   If there are Fred Cassidy T-shirts, there should be a premium to buy one (say $100), with the money going to DARE.
   Although there is a waiting period after the death of a person for U.S. postage stamp issues (Elvis had to wait), it's a good idea to quickly start the process.  I don't know if the U.S. Postal Service will consider a similar thing to what they did with their Breast Cancer stamp (with proceeds going to that cause), but you can always try.

EURO SALAD SANDWICHES

   In the PITTSBURGH FOOD GUIDE, Zorba's menu lists "NEW Euro Salad...6.03."
   At Treat Street at the airport, I noticed "Euro Sandwiches."  They came in tuna salad, chicken salad, and egg salad.  They are "salad mix with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread."
   I didn't notice "Euro Sandwiches" in New York City, nor in Europe.  I haven't checked Nexis.
   The Euro has taken a beating against the dollar, but still...

RODIZIO

  On page 3 of the PITTSBURGH FOOD GUIDE is an article, "The Green Forest: Pittsburgh Embraces Brazilian Style."  An advertisement for the Green Forest Brazilian Restaurant and Lounge (Brazilian Churrascaria) is conveniently on the same page.
  The article mentions "rodizio" service.  The ad states: "You will enjoy our traditional Rodizio, a Carrousel of all you can eat mouth watering meats to suit the taste of just about everyone, prepared and barbecued just the way we do in our native country, Brazil."
  I haven't yet checked OED, Barnhart, Nexis to see if it's entered into English.