Dialect2000 conference notice

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Jun 22 14:28:28 UTC 2000

Mike Salovesh posted this. Even his fix came through with some chaff, like
"Manfred G?rlach" (question mark for o-umlaut) and question marks for bullets.

Also of interest are these lines, in which I have replaced equal signs with hash
marks:

 #85 The second session will be devoted to statements by constituent
 spokespersons and activists seeking to show that there has been real
 or perceived discrimination of a kind that can be attributed to
 language of one sort or another, and with reference to the Good
 #46riday Agreement appealing to the new devolved government for

and these:

         The conference fees comprise #A325.00 registration and
 administrration (non-refundable) and #A375.00 participation (refundable

The escape mechanism disguises the actual costs (25.00 and 75.00 pounds
sterling), here and elsewhere in the notice. I assume that the double-r
represents an authentic burr!

-- Mark