need DARE pairs

Natalie Maynor maynor at CS.MSSTATE.EDU
Fri Jun 23 21:49:10 UTC 2000

David wrote:
> stoop ~ galley ~ porch  ~ piazza ~ veranda

I'm getting in late on the game and read down a bit farther in the
mail since I felt sure that most of my potential suggestions had
already been mentioned (and they have been -- pairs like lightning
bug and firefly).  One of many pairs that popped into my head
of words that didn't meet the o-or-earlier requirement (e.g.,
redbug/chigger) was porch/gallery.  I'm interested to see that
David lists galley but not gallery.  Is that a typo, or do some
people say "galley" for porch/gallery?

   --Natalie Maynor (maynor at ra.msstate.edu)