"jukebox"

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sun Jun 25 18:11:42 UTC 2000

I forgot to mention in my last message that there is a slightly earlier
citation for _jukebox_ in the Random House Historical Dictionary of
American Slang.  It's from ... Time magazine.  The third oldest known
citation is from ... Time magazine.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2