turtle candy

A. Vine andrea.vine at ENG.SUN.COM
Mon Jun 26 21:11:26 UTC 2000

Greg Pulliam wrote:
> There is another name for those insanely rich, chewy,
> chocolate-covered caramel and nut clusters, isn't there?  I know of
> "turtles," and I think "Goo-goo clusters" refer to the same thing,
> but I'm thinking there's another word for them that I used down in
> Mississippi when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s.
> --

For me, turtles are pecans stuck in a rich nougat with caramel, all coated with
chocolate.  Goo-goo clusters are peanuts stuck in some sort of marshmallowy
nougat with caramel (they are a particular brand).  So I wouldn't interchange

Andrea Vine
Sun-Netscape Alliance messaging i18n architect
avine at eng.sun.com
I always wanted to be an architect. }sigh{  Of course, I _am_ an architect.

More information about the Ads-l mailing list