clitoris

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Tue Jun 27 12:52:13 UTC 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Robert S. Wachal wrote:

> There are common names for most body parts but not all.
>
> Is there one for clitoris?  It sounds too medical for poetic use, and
> 'bump' which I used in a poem, seems too clunky.

Maybe the point of your query is that you are looking for non-slang terms,
but slang terms for clitoris include clit, clitty, boy in the boat, man in
the boat, love button, button, switch.  More could undoubtedly be found in
a slang thesaurus.

Fred Shapiro

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2