Ice(d) tea in Portugal

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Thu Mar 2 18:53:12 UTC 2000

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> ICE(D) TEA
>
>    In New York City, it's all "iced tea."  When I was in Switzerland, it was all "ice tea."
>    Here in Portugal, Nestea, Tetley, and Fru all have "iced tea."
>    Lipton has "ice tea."  The "ice" has a little "R" by it.  They can trademark "ice tea"?

Looking at inta.org (an excellent resource for checking trademarks) it
appears that the trademark is for the word Lipton.

Going to the lipton website (lipton.com) and linking to their tea page
(liptont.com) it also appears that the trademark is for the word Lipton.

Further: http://www.liptont.com/Lipton_Family_of_Brands/Iced_Tea_Mix/iced_
tea_mix.htm

It appears they have trademarked "Brisk" as their brand of ice tea. (They
also have plug ins where you can see little movies about Brisk ice tea, if
you're into Bruce Willis.

And, I quote "For total iced tea refreshment, there's nothing like
the genuine taste of Lipton Iced Tea Mix - The "Brisk" Tea(R) - so it
looks like they haven't trademarked Ice/d tea in and of itself.

-- Steve K.

--- Steve K.