Ice(d) tea in Portugal

Thu Mar 2 19:51:34 UTC 2000

Heck, I thought it was "iced tea"--and I'm not even from Portugal.

The last time I was in Japan I bought a can of chilled coffee, but all it
says on the can is "Asahi J.O. COFFEE/MILD J.O./This coffee with the tasty
aroma solely for the refined adults in an epicure sense." I was so charmed by
this that I kept the can.

In a message dated 3/2/00 2:05:35 PM, stevek at SHORE.NET writes:

<< On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, A. Vine wrote:

> I have a can of Lipton "iced tea" here at my desk.  No "ice tea" and no
> trademark.  Maybe it's limited to Portugal or non-English native countries?

I just thought of that, too.

I went to AltaVista, searched in Portuguese for +Lipton +"ice tea" +*.pt,
and I got 8 hits, and one of them was
http://www.softema.pt/cascata/noticias.htm
which had a picture of a Lipton Ice Tea label, but it was too small to see
whether there was an R there or not.

I did run across an announcement for the 1o Torneio Lipton Ice Tea
Universitrio de Surf, Bodyboard e Longboard, Carcavelos - 29, 30 e 31 de
Maio, however.

Anyhow, back to work. >>