List replies (was Re: cacha?a and OFF TOPIC)

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at M-W.COM
Thu Mar 9 14:56:01 UTC 2000

I guess my message was a little garbled.  There's no problem when I send a
reply message -- if I remember to look in the "To" line, I can see whom it's
going to and redirect it if necessary, and of course I can add cc's and
bcc's.  I can see right now that my message is automatically going to the
ADS-L; but I can't see what my "reply to" is set for, so I can't tell
whether my own address or the list's will appear on the recipients' screen
if someone on the list wants to reply to my message.  Just now I set it for
replies to the list, instead of to me; it wasn't there automatically, but
setting it does seem to work (although it didn't used to in Pegasus).  By
the way, I just found that I can access the "Options" box directly from the
tool bar -- don't have to go through the "View" menu, as I described in my
last message (I'm a slow learner, but eventually I usually do learn . . .)
I don't know if there's any way of making the list's default "reply to"
setting work on my system so that any message to the list from me will show
the list as the addressee for anyone who wants to reply to my message.  So
far as I can tell, I will have to set it each time.

Victoria

Merriam-Webster, Inc. P.O. Box 281
Springfield, MA 01102
Tel: 413-734-3134  ext 124