OED Online

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Thu Mar 16 21:54:26 UTC 2000

Maybe you knew this, but I just found out via a press release issued a couple of
days ago: the complete Oxford English Dictionary is now online.

http://www.oed.com/

Of course, it's $550 per annum per person. They do have network licenses (starting
at $795), but they judge membership according to IP address. No group memberships
shared by passwords.

You might find the Word of the Day interesting. It has this cool date chart feature,
and I guess serves as sort of a sample of what the whole dictionary looks like
online. There is a tour, too.

http://oed.com/cgi/display/wotd

Guess I'll just stick to whatever crappy version it is they have online here at
Columbia.