fast foxes fleeing flagrant forest fires

Sun Mar 19 13:42:00 UTC 2000

Mike,

I yield only on hearing your assertion that the wicker writhings expression
of which you speak is from ordinary (so called "folk speech") performances,
commmon in spoken interaction among the group from which it was taken. My
"fox" expression is. Yours has the smell of the literati about it, but if
you vouch for it, I will retire from the field.

dInIs

>"Dennis R. Preston" wrote:
>
>> That reminds me that I offered the all-time alliterative proverbial
>> comparison challenge in that list with "Hotter than a fast-fucked fox in a
>> forest fire." No contender has ever entered the fray.
>
>dInIs, you've got to be kidding.  I've never heard of anything so
>ridiculous as your contention that no contender has ever entered the
>fray.
>
>That's as ridiculous as a rating routine for rubbings of writhing
>ribbons of ribald writings on rutted rotten rattan.
>
>Than which there is no whicher.
>
>-- mike salovesh                    <salovesh at niu.edu>
>PEACE !!!

Dennis R. Preston