Russian racehorses, Cooter Brown, fast foxes, theft, expense

Sun Mar 19 16:46:05 UTC 2000

Arnold, you ole devil, I knowed you still loved me.

Yes, Niedzielski and Preston requires a mortgage, but there is hope for a
paperback (requiring only massive credit-card debt).

dInIs

>dInIs, you ole idiot, i think "real people" is a fine term.
>
>my suggestion of "normals" was not entirely unserious.
>
>as for the new Folk Linguistics volume, isn't that one of those
>books that costs about the same as a month's rent?  like spencer
>& zwicky's Handbook of Morphology?
>
>maybe there should be a competition for Wonderful Books Real
>People Can't Afford.
>
>arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu)

Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages