over

Tue Mar 21 18:35:40 UTC 2000

Come to think of it, I used 'over' in this sense all the time as a kid, and
perhaps in college too (in a Scandinavian area of Minnesota, and a
Norwegian Lutheran college to boot).  The only qualification (I think)
would be that I wouldn't use it sentence-finally--but I might have.
It has the sense of "encompassing," obviously.