Monobrowism; 60; FILTH

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 27 07:56:41 UTC 2000

MONOBROWISM

      Monobrow/unibrow (also perhaps the monoboob/uniboob variants we
discussed) goes back a bit.  From PLAYBOY, March 1968, Playboy Advisor, pg.
40, col. 3:

     I suffer from a common but hushed-up affliction: monobrowism.  Every
three days, I'm obliged to shave between my eyebrows or I'm liable to sprout
a five o'clock shadow above the nose.

60

    The "69" T-shirts made sense in 1969--there was a nice Playboy cartoon
about it.  Do people wear "00" now?
    This is from PLAYBOY, May 1968, Playboy Advisor, pg. 53, col. 1:

We recently had a hippie love-in here in Minneapolis, and besides the usual
sweat shirts bearing the number 69, the symbol for mutal oral intercourse,
some people were wearing shirts decorated with the number 60.  Would you
kindly explain the meaning of this number?--R. C., Minneapolis, Minnesota
     It's a less busy form of 69.  The partner represented by the 0 (which
should be understood as a graphic rather than a mathematical symbol) is
active, while the other partner remains passive.

FILTH

THE BIG BOOK OF FILTH:
6500 SEX SLANG WORDS AND PHRASES
by Jonathon Green
Cassell, 1999
288 pages, hardcover, $8.95

     The slang terms for all the stuff are here, in alphabetical order, with
dates of first currency added.  No bibliography.  There are a few funny
illustrations of such terms as "kissing the worm" and "drink from both taps."
     If you can't spring for the nine bucks, you can get the stuff for free!
Go to www.uta.fi/FAST/GC/sex-scat.html.  It's a wonderful list.
     Some ADS-L stuff of mine is on this site from Finland.  I should visit
Finland....