Culture Vulture

Elizabeth Gibbens elizabethpg at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 27 16:08:52 UTC 2000

Dear All--

       A friend of mine is starting a group he calls
the "culture vultures." The purpose of the group is to
unify a corporate culture that is diverse, because the
company has emerged from an amalgamation of different
Internet companies.

       He is curious about the origin of the term and
about its exact meaning. Judging from the word
"vulture," I'd guess that a culture vulture is a
person who scavenges the best ideas he can find from
different places and uses them to establish a
professional community.

       Any guidance you can offer would be most
appreciated. Please reply to this Yahoo address. I
usually email from another one. Thanks.

                                 Elizabeth Gibbens