Republishing permission? (was Re: Thanks Cecil...)

Paul McFedries lists at MCFEDRIES.COM
Mon May 8 11:14:35 UTC 2000

I hope I don't come off sounding "copyrighteous" (a rare thing: a Monday
morning neologism), but do you have permission to republish the Cecil Adams
articles? On the Straight Dope home page (http://www.straightdope.com/), it
clearly states the following at the bottom:

"Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Chicago Reader, Inc. All rights
reserved.
No material contained in this site may be republished or reposted without
express written permission."

If so, please carry on. (Although I'd be shocked if your agreement didn't
include posting the copyright message at the end of your republished
article; you might consider adding it in the future). If not, then I suggest
just giving us a brief description of the article and the article's Web
address. For example, the "in like Flynn" story can be found here:

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_156.html

Paul
Home: http://www.mcfedries.com/
Books: http://www.mcfedries.com/books/