Sausage fingers

Wed May 10 02:53:35 UTC 2000

FWIW, as I didn't receive any replies, I have decided to recommend that
sausage fingers means fingers with the sausage aspect of puffiness.

Benjamin Barrett
gogaku at ix.netcom.com

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of
Benjamin Barrett

An acquaintance working on a Japanese/English dictionary project (available
for free on the Web at http://www.alc.co.jp/eijiro/) asks about the
expression "sausage fingers."

After a search on Alta Vista, I perused several pages that (besides the
medical condition) seemed to indicate that sausage fingers are stubby =
short and fat.

A comparison of that conclusion to her examples seemed to fit except for the
final citation:

Painter , a ridiculous spoof video by Paul McCarthy (1995), has a
loony-looking person bashing about with elongated sausage fingers
and extended nose".

Is this an extension of sausage fingers, simply puffy-looking long fingers,
or something else again?

Opinions or useful citations welcomed.

Benjamin Barrett
gogaku at ix.netcom.com