wigger

j taylor cabbagelooper at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 12 12:33:58 UTC 2000

I remember hearing 'wigger' when I was in high school
(graduated 1991)(New Smyrna Beach, FL, a smallish
town), though not very often- maybe it was fairly new
at that point, or perhaps at my school there was a
dearth of individuals that the word could apply to.
Now I hear it most often when discussing race issues
with white people who try to insist that "nigger" is
not a rascist term- the argument is, "well, there are
black niggers and white niggers- we call them
wiggers". (At which point I usually take a deep
breath, hold it, and leave the room).