busking

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at M-W.COM
Thu May 25 14:53:41 UTC 2000

I just made a quick search in our citation database and found a good number
of occurrences of the term in U.S. periodicals, with ref to performers in
U.S., in Atlantic, Newsweek, Publishers Weekly, Rolling Stone, People Weekly
(all that I can remember right now).  The cites are from the 80s and 90s.
Several I noticed included a reference to money.  The total number I would
guess as 30 or 35 cites, from a quick look at about the first 20 or 30 of a
total of about 80 hits (I was searching for "busk*" and found some other,
irrelevant, words, such as 'buskins').

Victoria
Merriam-Webster, Inc. P.O. Box 281
Springfield, MA 01102