C-Level; Going North

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Nov 4 23:59:45 UTC 2000

C-LEVEL

   Didn't the top used to be A-level, as in A-Number One?  Nothing beats a
pun (C-level/sea level), I suppose.  There are quite a few relevant hits on
the Dow Jones database.
   From the NEW YORK OBSERVER, 6 November 2000, pg. 30, col. 2 ad:

   _C-LEVEL_
   _JOB TITLES._
   _C-NOTE-FILLED_
   _WALLETS._
The C means clout.  And our readers have it.  52% of them hold C-level job
titles and the average overall net worth of $1.8 million dollars means
they're looking to buy. (...)
   _RED HERRING_
   RED HOT

(This thing is now twice a month.  Just what I need--more reading about the
internet, computers, and technology--ed.)

GOING NORTH

   From the FINANCIAL TIMES, Weekend, Nov. 4-5, 2000, pg. 13, col. 2, in a
story (with a large photo you just can't miss) about the Bioform bra:

   It'll sell.  I've been wearing one for almost a week, and feeling very
Jayne Mansfield.  (In the trade, they call it "going north" rather than "east
and west.")

(Do they also say "going south"?--ed.)