Ground zero

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Nov 8 17:19:08 UTC 2000

I don't believe that the use of "ground zero" in these instances necessarily
means that an explosion is imminent so much as that area or locale has
become a target of great concern--that all eyes and expectations are focused
on that spot.  The explosion, in terms of political fallout, etc., would of
course in this use be metaphoric.

bob