WOTY candidate

Mark Odegard markodegard at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 10 07:10:53 UTC 2000

>They've apparently been around since the Flood, and are widely used in
>rural Ohio. I encountered one for the first time on Tuesday, and found it
>confusing even though ours didn't have that weirdo staggered column on the
>right side.
>The whole procedure was so awkward that I only voted three times.

I remember using it the very first time I voted, 1970. They were quite new
then, and all the thing. It's essentially a punch card. Yeah. Punch cards.
Archaic, but not quite since the flood.

One of the talking heads likened the flotilla of Washington lawyers coming
in by chartered jets unto the greatest of all ambulance chases, the Bohpal
disaster in India.

Slightly OT, but as a pundit, I think Chris Matthews' career has taken a
plunge. Several women have mentioned how abrasive he is, and how they don't
like him.