Grok -- new/old WOTY?

Gareth Branwyn garethb2 at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Nov 12 05:48:46 UTC 2000

Grok has been part of the online lexicon for ages. It was in the original
Jargon File, I believe, and in all subsequent editions of the Hacker's
Dictionary.

It may have gained wider cachet recently in Silicon Valley business circles
because the Industry Standard has a column of the same name and a new
spin-off magazine also called Grok.